Hmm, vague details:
- remote repository with older version of darcs (2.4 + 103 patches)
- local repository with HEAD darcs 2.7ish
- had just pulled in some patches from remote to local
- made some changes in local
- more changes then amend
- absently mindedly C-c an amend (was told darcs was in a sensitive job)
When I came back to darcs I found that a large chunk of my history had
vanished (the hashed inventory file was truncated).
Later when I tried replacing my _darcs with the remote copy one, I
noticed that it did a pristine format conversion. Makes me wonder if
the thing I was absent-mindedly C-cing during amend was something
I can supply the _darcs directories when not busy.
Can you supply those _darcs directories now?
Otherwise, I'm inclined to close this bug due to old age. If the issue
persists, no one was else has run into it and found this bug report in a
couple of years.