1. Summarise the issue (what were doing, what went wrong?)
- Create a darcs repo with a patch index
- chmod the patch index files in _darcs/patch_index to be not readable
- Run a command that would update the cache, like darcs oblit
The command files like this:
"darcs: /repo/filecache-tmp-3: rename: unsatisified constraints
(Directory not empty)
2. What behaviour were you expecting instead?
The diagnostic message should explain the real problem instead,
"Creating patch index failed: _darcs/patch_index/foo is not writable"
3. What darcs version are you using? (Try: darcs --exact-version)
2.9.7 (+ 49 patches)
I plan to contribute a failing test for this shortly.