As discussed in patch1913 I am sending a refactor of the externalResolution
procedure. It is supposed to keep behavior of the existing code intact (with
the minor exception of using displayPath when we tell the user what we are
However, when I tried --external-merge on a complex conflicted pull I
noticed that the filepath filtering is completely broken with or without
this patch! The path lists calculated by effectOnPaths cannot be matched up
in this simple manner. For instance the patch I pulled adds a new file which
messes up the path lists so that the external tool now gets completely
unrelated files as input.
The next thing to do here is to write a test that checks that file paths are
correctly matched in the presence of file add, remove, and move patches,
then fix the file path filtering.
1 patch for repository http://darcs.net/screened:
Author: Ben Franksen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed Sep 25 01:28:42 CEST 2019
* WIP re-write externalResolution